WELCOME TO SCOTTISHLAIRD: DEDICATED TO THE RESTORATION OF DUNANS CASTLE
|Our Decorative Titles are …… Ideal as gifts for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and all sorts of occasions.
Last week I ventured into the library and took some atmospheric pictures of that segment of the castle. This week, or rather over the weekend I ventured into the Drawing Room compartment of the castle to survey the job in hand. As I said last time I am preparing to start the clearance work, and this is the area where we’ll start. This first shot is from the double-width aperture in the south elevation of the castle.
This compartment is as full, if not more so, than the library – it also contains one of Andy McLintock’s sculptures!
As you step inside however and look up you are confronted with some safety challenges:
Right above your head is this small, vestigial platform, hanging from which is a sash weight – an actual sword of damocles while the entrance is cleared. This will be one of the first tasks: to remove platform and weight before doing anything further …
The wall to the left in the above picture, is shown below at is imposing, vertiginous best below:
To give the viewer a sense of the size of the compartment I took another vertical panorama:
For now though here’s a final panorama showing the full extent of the infill.
- Journey to the Heart of #DunansCastle: the Drawing Room
- Journey to the Heart of #DunansCastle: The Old Library
- Dunans Rising Notebooks: Now in our online store!
- Finalised Draft of Our Plans for Dunans Castle: Elevated highlights!
- Our Dunans Rising App is a Hit: We’re updating our maps to celebrate!
- Dunans Rising Phone App: iOS & Android Released …
- Android version of the Dunans Rising App is Live!
- “There I was digging a hole, hole in the ground so big and sort of round …
- Dunans Steading: A deteriorating, neglected, historic building
- Sprung Spring! Gorgeousness at Dunans!
- Prototyping New Product #2: A Decorative Title Exclusively for those who visit Dunans Castle