WELCOME TO SCOTTISHLAIRD: DEDICATED TO THE RESTORATION OF DUNANS CASTLE
|Our Decorative Titles are …… Ideal as gifts for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and all sorts of occasions.
If this sounds like an advert, it is not – well, unless you call it promotion for my business.
I have been working with Shopify for a while now to deliver the ScottishLaird.co.uk website. It has been a wholly fantastic experience answering all of my needs as an ecommerce vendor without let or pause. We’ve seen 40% growth this year simply by transferring platforms. Things like cart recovery and customers signing up for notifications on when new stock comes in have really helped. 100% uptime, rock solid servers and well-thought out user experience have also done their bit. But what has been really impressive is how, when we ask a particularly difficult question of the system, it rises to the challenge.
Languages represent a barrier to entry for any website wishing to break into new territories. English is the Lingua Franca of the internet, but frankly, there are limits. We found them in Finland, Sweden and elsewhere. But for us France has been one of the most difficult countries and languages to break into. French is a lovely language, and having a very little, I appreciate how different and distinctive it is. We were recently very lucky to be approached by the folks at franceagora.fr who wished to promote ScottishLaird.co.uk in France (See ‘Figaro! Figaro! Figaro!…’).
To cut a long story short, after wondering exactly how we were going to create a fully translated website to service this new and exciting market which Anne and her team have been busily working on, we finally found Langify, an app within Shopify, and its been a revelation!
With translations from Agora and some on-the-fly work from google translate, which we’re updating for accuracy, the system now recognises our French customers and serves the French version, including our wonderful slideshow en Français!
As my girls would say, Ooh La La!
And you can see the (admittedly work-in-progress) French version by visiting our website, scrolling to the bottom and selecting the language in the pop-up.
Now, I’ve got the bug. First php, then mysql, now French … Anyone for German?
- Figaro, Figaro, Figaro! Features Dunans Castle & ScottishLaird in ‘Le Figaro et Vous’
- The ScottishLaird #GiftGuide: What to buy for everyone in your life & support the restoration of #DunansCastle
- Smartphone Cases for Lairds & Ladies: #DunansRising tartan, #DunansCastle and Lechadhu insignia on the back of #yourphone
- @what3words: Coordinates for #DunansCastle in three words, include fragment.curly.firebird and cups.domestic.inventors
- Bloomin’ Marvellous: Gorgeous Tearaway Artworks Launched at ScottishLaird.co.uk for @DunansCastle
- Dunans T-shirts: Logos, elevations and manifesto available to wear!
- The #DunansCastle Manifesto for Lairds, Lords, Ladies and all supporters of the Restoration of #Dunans
- Schroomage: Plugs of Oyster, Lions Mane and Shiitake installed …
- Congratulations to the ScottishLaird Team: #DunansCastle is a Groupon Local Star in Poland!
- New Dunans Rising Tartan website: The Gift of Tartan for #DunansCastle
- Journey to the Heart of #DunansCastle: the Drawing Room