BECOME A LAIRD OR LADY OF DUNANS CASTLE!
Ideal as gifts for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and all sorts of occasions.
- The most romantic Scottish titles available today on the internet
- Part of a living history which includes links with the Fletcher, McGregor, Lamont, Campbell, Buchanan and McLaren clans.
- Help restore an historic castle and its woodland gardens
- Own part of an ancient estate which includes an unique Thomas Telford-designed bridge and dates back to before 1590.
- Gain free access to the woodland garden, walks and river which make up the curtilage of the Castle
- Free tour to all Lairds and Ladies of the grounds and the buildings. Learn about the history of the site from Charles!
Dunans Castle is an historic building set in a dramatic wooded landscape, with a superlative rubble-built bridge providing access across the salmon-filled river running at its foot. Set on a ledge, itself bounded by an Ha-ha, this romantic edifice can truly claim to be one of Scotland’s hidden gems and you have the opportunity to become part of it and part of its history by becoming Laird or Lady of Dunans Castle, historic seat of the Clan Fletcher.
Dunans Castle has the best views of the tallest tree in the UK, and in fact the lairds’ and ladies’ plots are only 10 metres from the foot of the great tree itself!
By becoming a Laird or Lady of Dunans Castle, you will be:
- Preventing Dunans Castle becoming one of the Lost Mansions of Argyll.
- Preserving and maintaining designated areas of heritage woodland along with a unique biodiverse landscape containing locally and nationally rare species
- Supporting a carbon-aware, ecologically-sound project
For more detail on how the purchase of Lairds’ and Ladies’ titles has benefitted the Dunans Heritage Project, please see ‘Progress at Dunans: The Lairds’ and Ladies’ Contribution’.
Please note: The title of Laird or Lady* depends upon ownership of land in Scotland, and all of our packages include a piece of land, one foot square which will be individually identified on your deed of entitlement and on a map derived from the Deeds at Dunans.
* Please see our Terms